Teacher Mini Grants Program
The Hatfield Elementary PTA mini-grant program is designed to be a flexible source of PTA funding for Hatfield Elementary teachers and staff to sponsor creative programs in which Hatfield Elementary students may participate. In keeping with the funding goals of the PTA, these programs may be educational, artistic or social programs to benefit either large or small groups of students.
Grants may be submitted at any time during the school year. The PTA has a permanent agenda item at every meeting to consider and approve applications that come forward. Hatfield Elementary’s Principal receives the grant applications from the teachers, and forward grants requests not already covered by HES funding to the PTA for consideration.
The Mini-Grant Process:
- Teacher or staff member has an idea for a program, club, or celebration in which Hatfield Elementary students may benefit and participate.
- Teacher or staff member completes the Mini Grant Application
- Teacher or staff member submits the application to the Hatfield Elementary Principal.
- The Principal reviews the application to see whether or not there are already HES funds allocated to the school to pay for the program or idea. If so, the HES Principal allocates the money required to implement the program from the HES budget funding.
- If no HES funds are available, the Principal presents the application(s) to the PTA Executive Board (at a PTA executive board meeting or via email).
- The PTA President makes sure the item(s) is (are) included on the agenda for the following PTA meeting.
- During the next PTA meeting or via email to the PTA Executive Board, the Principal presents the applications(s) to the membership. The members ask questions and vote on whether or not to fund the request(s).
- If the PTA membership votes to fund the application, the PTA Treasurer provides the Hatfield Elementary School, with a check to fund the program or reimbursement to the staff member.
- After the program has commenced or completed, the teacher or staff sponsor is encouraged to report back to the PTA on the program’s success.
Mini-Grants Funded in Past Years:
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here